We want you to share your recipes!
Here is a tasty recipe sent in to us for our new recipe section of the website!
This delicious recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries Soup was sent in by the team at Kirans Trust.
(serves 4 large or 6 small portions- freezes well)
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil.
- 1 Beef Sausage – out of skin and chopped to pea size.
- 3 rashers of smoked or unsmoked bacon chopped fine.
- 2 shallots – chopped.
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves chopped.
- 1 tbsp flour
- 5 potatoes, small new potato sized. Peeled and chipped.
- 75-100g white cheddar (depend on taste).
- 1 Litre Veg Stock
- In medium to large pan soft fry beef in 1 tbsp of oil. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add bacon pieces and repeat above.
- Sweat shallots and garlic in oil in pan for 10 mins. Don’t let them brown.
- Add the flour, stirring in slowly and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to a soft bubble cooking for 15 mins to allow flour to cook out.
- Add the cheese and cook for a further 5 mins stirring to melt through.
- Blitz the soup now to smooth consistency.
- Add the potatoes and soft bubble for a further 15 mins so the potato is just starting to turn soft but retains it’s chip shape.
- Add back in the the beef and bacon and serve with crusty bread!
Be sure to leave a comment below if you try this recipe for yourself!
If you would like to send us a recipe, get in touch on email@example.com or 0131 458 3267. You could also come along to one our IT sessions on Thursdays 10.30am – 12.30pm at either Clovenstone Community Centre or the WHALE Arts centre.