We want you to share your recipes!
Here is a tasty recipe sent in to us for our new recipe section of the website!
This delicious recipe for banana fritters was sent in by local councillor Ricky Henderson.
Councillor’s Banana Fritters
The perfect, delicious and very easy, healthy breakfast …
Ingredients (per person) :
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced long ways and chopped quite small
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons porridge oats
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Rapeseed oil (or other neutral-tasting oil) for frying
- Chop the banana and put in a bowl with the beaten egg and porridge oats, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix together.
- Over medium heat, pour some oil into a frying pan (just enough to grease and prevent sticking). Shape the mixture into small patties and fry on both side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with natural yoghurt and/or honey.
Suitable for vegetarians, carnivores can add bacon or sausage if they wish!
Alternatively the same recipe works with apples, just peel, core and grate one apple (Granny Smith or Cooking) and follow the directions above.
Be sure to leave a comment below if you try this recipe for yourself!
If you would like to send us a recipe, get in touch on email@example.com or 0131 458 3267. You could also come along to one our IT sessions on Thursdays 10.30am – 12.30pm at either Clovenstone Community Centre or the WHALE Arts centre.