We are currently recruiting for a photography focused Trainee Community Reporter position through Community Jobs Scotland.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 29th July.
To support the sourcing of local news stories and the creation of digital media content particularly photography but also – written, audio, video – for the Digital Sentinel the community news site for Wester Hailes. Regularly update content on the site. Use social media and attend community events to increase awareness of, and participation with, the Digital Sentinel and to enhance existing social history archives.
- To support the current team in all aspects of the Digital Sentinel, including;
- Assisting in the set-up, coordination and running of regular community events
- Supporting the delivery of Digital Sentinel training
- Acting as a regular point of contact for Digital Sentinel enquiries (face-to-face, phone, email)
- Working with a team of volunteer citizen journalists
- Sourcing local news stories
- Collating local ‘what’s on’ information
- Attending community events and/or meeting community organisations
- Creating digital media content particularly photogrpahy but also video, digital storytelling, audio
- Regularly updating content on the Digital Sentinel site
- Using social media to increase the profile of the Digital Sentinel
Essential: Photography qualification or relevant experience experience of dealing with the public and an outgoing personality.
Desirable: Experience of working in a community setting Understanding of media ethics/media law
Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in using digital media/reporting, experience of dealing with the public and an outgoing personality. An understanding of media ethics/media law is desirable.
How To Apply:
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form.