The Wester Hailes Community Trust would like to announce the launch of their latest tier of funding, providing awards of up to £5000 to local community organisations.
WHCT is a new collaborative community organisation that has been established to support genuine community-led development in Wester Hailes. For more information visit our page on the Wester Hailes Community Trust here.
The Trust is keen to see partnerships emerge between local organisations therefore organisations applying for the £2500 – £5000 tier must demonstrate local partnership working. You can download the application guidelines here. You can download an application for the new tier of funding here.
WHCT’s other funds remain open for applications. The Small Sparks fund provides small grants of up to £250, with another fund offering grants of up to £2500. These are open to local individuals and groups to help make a difference in Wester Hailes. Completed application forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to Wester Hailes Community Trust, c/o WHALE Arts Centre, 30 Westburn Grove, EH14 2SA.
Applications to any of the WHCT funds should match one or more of the WHCT priorities, these are:
Making Wester Hailes safer for the community
- Includes raising awareness of hate crime, tackling anti-social behaviour
Making the community better together
- Includes improving recycling, better care of green space
Tackling Legal Highs
- Includes information for young people and community, identifying shops selling products.
Addressing transport issues
- Includes more frequent bus routes to schools and hospitals, better rail service.
Making better use of IT
- Includes free wi-fi, more IT classes
Improving community facilities and unused land
- Includes spaces for young people, developing the Plaza