We have had a great recipe sent in to us from Shravani for Lobia Recipe (Black Eyed Beans Dosa). Have a look below and be sure to leave us a comment if you give it a go.
You can find more of Shravani’s recipes on Shravs Cook Book here.
Bobbarlu Dosa or Lobia Recipe is a healthy Dosa Recipe for Breakfast as it is rich in protiens, fibre and Vitamin B12. Also known as lobia in hindi, bobbarlu in telugu and lobia in english is called black eyed beans or Cowpea beans. Babberkaya is most common in telangana region usually available in early summers, you can buy and de-seed them but dry seeds are available through out the year in grocery stores. If fresh black eyed beans are not available then you can soak dry seeds overnight and use them in your recipes but fresh seeds taste much better.
I served this Lobia dosa with pudhina chutney. You can serve it with any chutney of your choice. The chutney need not be spicy, even a mildly flavoured one will also suits better because we add spices in the dosa batter itself.
Bobbarlu Dosa – Lobia Recipe in Hindi or Black Eyed Beans Dosa in english
1. Fresh Bobbarlu(Lobia/black eyed beans) – 1 and 1/2 cup (extracted from 500 gms of Babberkaya)
2. Green Chillies – 3
3. Coriander Seeds – 1 n 1/2 tsps
4. Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
5. Rice – 1/2 cup
6. Salt – To taste
7. Water – As needed
8. Oil – As needed
How to make Bobbarlu Dosa – Lobia Recipe (in Hindi and Black Eyed Beans Dosa in english)
1. Wash and soak lobiya (Bobbarlu) for 1 hour
2. Also wash and soak rice for 1 hour separately
3. In a mixer, add drained lobia and rice, also add green chillies, coriander and cumin seeds
4. Add little water as needed and grind to a fine paste
5. Take batter into a bowl, add salt and water as needed to get a proper dosa batter consistency
6. Heat a griddle, add a spoonful of oil, take a laddle full of batter and make dosa
7. Roast dosa on both the sides and take it into a plate
8. Like wise make all dosas using the batter and serve it with any chutney or pickle of your choice.
Hot Bobbarla Dosa or Lobia Recipe is ready to serve.