Westburn CAN has published its action packed programme, revealing all the things they will be getting up to over February and March.
Sessions are free to attend and on Mondays and Fridays, 10.30am – 2.30pm at the WHALE Arts Centre free lunch is provided.
If you’d like to know more about the Westburn CAN project and how to get involved, please contact Alan Ross on 0131 458 3267 or email@example.com
Westburn CAN Programme:
- February 17th – Install the Doris Brown memorial bench.
- February 20th – Spoon carving. Come along and learn how to carve a wooden spoon from scratch. Full tools and guidance provided.
- February 24th – Spoon Carving and Before the Flood documentary. Come along and learn how to carve a wooden spoon from scratch. Full tools and guidance provided. Afterwards we will be watching Leonardo Di Caprio’s climate change documentary ‘Before the Flood’.
- February 27th – Green Gala Prep and Garden Outreach. Help us plan for the Green Gala, an annual event and promises to be a fun, free day full of food, crafts and activities for the whole family. Ideas for activities on the day most welcome. In the afternoon we will be doing some outreach work helping a local resident with their garden.
- March 3rd – Growing Plan and Raised bed preparation. Help plan out the future of the community garden at WHALE and prepare for the new growing season.
- March 6th – Steps and Meadow Sowing. Restructure some of the steps around the site to make them more accessible and safe and help plant some wildflowers in the garden.
- March 10th – Compost and Weeding Training Day. Learn more about making compost and how to identify and get rid of pesky weeds.
- March 13th – South West Community Garden Forum. We will be hosting the newly established South West Community Garden forum. Come along and help us promote Westburn CAN and the WHALE garden and learn more about other community gardening initiatives happening in the local area.
- March 17th – Tree ID, general gardening and Mural work. Learn how to identify the different types of trees in the community garden and make signs for them and help artist Fraser Gray in his efforts to paint a mural on the performance space side of the WHALE building.
- March 20th – Future leadership and Garden management plus BBQ
– Planning day for exploring future management of the community garden and enjoy a BBQ.
- March 24th – Green Gala Preparation. Preparation and set up for the Green Gala taking place the following day on the 25th of March.
- March 27th – General garden work. General gardening work and tidying the site.
- March 31st – General garden work. General gardening work and tidying the site