An advertisement for a Minibus Driver/Handy Man vacancy at the Dove Centre has been posted to Gumtree.
The post advertised is £8 per hour, 35 Hours per week, initially for six months.
The Dove Centre is a social activity centre for the over 50s. We seek to support older people to remain as independent as they can be through a variety of socially inclusive transport, social welfare, activities, hot nutritional meals, health & volunteering opportunities. We also provide a non-profit making accessible minibus hire service for community and voluntary groups in Edinburgh through Dove Transport. We wish to appoint a driver in Edinburgh with the following qualifications:
- over the age of 30 and have a D1 entitlement on a clean driving license which has been held for at least three years. (Essential)
- hold a current MiDAS (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) qualification (preferable but training can be given)
- able to work flexible hours – there will be some out of hours/weekend work
- a knowledge of the requirements of people with disabilities
- a demonstrable commitment to Equal Opportunities
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- physically fit to undertake the duties of the job
Closing date: To be confirmed Interview date: To be confirmed
CV’s should be sent to The Dove Centre
This post is for six months initially with a view to a permanent position dependant on funding for the post.
For more information visit the job posting on Gumtree here.