The Broomhouse Centre is delighted to announce they have raised the funds to run ‘Broomhouse Decides’, a Community Grants Scheme for Broomhouse, Sighthill & Parkhead, with a total project value of £20,000.
The grants are about helping local people turn an idea into an activity that benefits the community, and we welcome applications from local people, or local voluntary organisations, which meet the criteria and help with the priorities the community identified. The scheme covers Broomhouse, Sighthill & Parkhead with grants available for Community Members, up to £250, and grants for Community Organisations, up to £2,500.
There are four priorities for funding (based on community consultation run by Edinburgh Napier University with local organisations, and partners):
- Children and Young people’s activities
- Community Food activities
- Improving communications for all
- Reducing social isolation
If you would like to find out more the Broomhouse Centre will be holding a series of information sessions on:
- 14th June (venue to be confirmed – look on web site or call centre on 0131 4557731)
- 21st June (venue to be confirmed)
- 29th June, 3pm – 4pm after The Big Broomhouse Sing-A-Long in St David’s Church
- 6th July, 12 – 2pm at Change Kitchen in St David’s Church
The deadline for applications to the fund is Monday 23 July with the announcement of successful applicants to take place on Wednesday 8th August 2018. For more information about the fund and grant guidelines visit their website here.