The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit a Plant Operator based at Wester Hailes Education Centre.
The post is full-time, working 36 hours per week, contracted to 30 September 2020, with a salary of £16,287 to £18,316 plus living wage allowance if applicable.
- To be responsible for all processesand equipment involved in swimming pool water disinfection, circulation and filtration
- To carry out maintenance, repairs and improvement works throughout the campus.
- To work in a variety of environments, indoors and outdoors.
- To communicate your work requirements, intensions and progress to the Maintenance Team briefingsand or Centre Management
- To comply with current Health and Safety Regulations and follow correct H&S procedures as required by current legislation, including using tools, working at heights, lone working, manual handling and personal protective equipment,
- To safely, efficiently and competently use a varietyof materials, hand and power tools appropriate to the post holderslevels of skills.
- To carry out any other tasks appropriate to the maintenance function of the Centre, as required by the Maintenance Teambriefings and or Management.
This post is considered regulated work with vulnerable children and/or Protected Adults under the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by City of Edinburgh Council.
Candidates must pocess a pool plant operators or PASOQ certificate and have experience of swimming pools. Handyman work is also desirable.
You can apply for the job online here.