Odeon Cinemas will be opening several of their cinemas, including Edinburgh West – ODEON Luxe from 4th July 2020.
We’ve made lots of changes to bring you a safer cinema experience. From social distancing in our auditoriums and foyers to more frequent and more thorough cleaning routines, we’ve made sure the thrill of the big screen is as safe as possible for you and our teams.
With cinema classics such as 1917 and The Empire Strikes Back, we’ve got everything you need for an escape, just in time for the summer holidays.
They have also announced what additional safety measures they will be taking to ensure everyone stays healthy and safe.
- We’re limiting the number of seats for sale for each film and guaranteeing unoccupied seats between parties to meet social distancing requirements.
- We’re staggering the show start times to reduce queues and operating safe queuing measures with floor markings and cinema host support.
- We recommend you book online for a contactless experience with all ticket checks conducted visually only.
- We’re offering a range of pre-packaged food and drinks, with contactless till payments.
- We will no longer be accepting cash, but we have increased our contactless limit to help you buy safer.
- We’ll have more frequent and more thorough cleaning routines throughout the cinema, with extra controls in all toilet facilities.
- Stations offering sanitising gels and wipes with our compliments will be available at allocated points.
- All cinema teams have been trained on the new safety and hygiene measures.
- Colleagues will be equipped with personal protective equipment – including face coverings and gloves.
We thank our guests for working with us to keep everyone safe.
- When you arrive at the cinema, please observe social distancing at all times and avoid waiting around in public areas unless in a queue
- Please wash your hands when appropriate and use our sanitising stations with our compliments
- Please be at your auditorium in good time for your scheduled start time and have your tickets ready for visual inspection
- We have strict guidelines for any of our colleagues who may begin to show early symptoms to stay away from the cinema. We would welcome all of our guests to do the same and stay home if they feel unwell.
- Please follow government guidelines with regards to wearing face coverings.
For any specific questions, please contact their Guest Services Centre here.
You a can see what films they will be showing here.