The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit an Early Years Assistant based at Canal View Primary School.
The post is permanent working part time 10 hours per week during term time, with a salary of £16,775.00 – £18,860.00 per year.
This Early Years Assistant post is for our Nursery and the hours are 10 hours per week; 2.5 hours each on Monday to Thursday from 10.45am to 1.15pm.
MAJOR TASKS/JOB ACTIVITIES
- Under the direction and supervision of teaching or nominated staff, support children in the playrooms and throughout the learning environment through organised activities, providing support, assistance and encouragement to help each individual child achieve the best learning and development outcomes possible.
- providing support to teachers, early years staff and children in all learning environments e.g. supporting all aspects of early learning and development including early language, mathematics, health and well being, lunch routines and other general early years activities;
- assisting in supporting young children’s creativity and skills for life and learning through play and through implementation of planned programmes;
- providing help to children in organising their day and to follow instructions;
- assisting in the provision of a high level of individual and personal care to children with additional support needs e.g. feeding, toileting, changing, dressing, applying medical aids, assisting children with specialist apparatus by means of an agreed individualised care plan; whilst encouraging independence and ensuring safety and comfort
- assisting in providing relevant information through record keeping, attendance at appropriate meetings as designated by the head teacher/Head of Centre or nominated staff member and contributing to the ongoing review of child programmes;
- assisting in supporting record keeping by e.g. contributing towards the individual child’s personal learning profile;
- within an agreed framework, assisting in implementing the School or Early Years improving relationships and behaviour management policy;
- working as part of the school/early years setting staff team, ensuring the ongoing health, safety and welfare of the children including liaising with parents, professional agencies and individuals and bringing any matters concerning child protection to the attention of the teaching/senior early years staff in accordance with school/early years setting procedures and guidelines;
- administrative elements of child welfare requirements, e.g. routine documentation and information dispersal, providing comfort and care for minor accidents, upsets or ailments e.g. cuts and bruises (reporting to teaching/early years staff if considered serious);
- following standard procedures for risk assessment within and out with the playrooms environment when required.
- assisting in programmes for children moving into mainstream schools/early years setting and other specialist provision e.g. supervising and escorting the child to the receiving school/establishments, assisting with allocated tasks, encouraging the child to participate in group activities.
- participating in appropriate professional staff development opportunities, in service, refresher training as deemed appropriate.
You can find out more and apply for the post online here. the closing date for applications is Thursday 17 September 2020.