The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit an Early Years Domestic Support based at Sighthill Primary school.
The post is permanent, working part time during term time for 10 hours per week (11.30am to 1.30pm Monday to Thursday) with a salary of £9.34 per hour.
Purpose of Job
To provide domestic support to keep the early years establishment in order for children, parents and staff and support the delivery of light meals and snacks for children.
- Kitchen and dining room duties to support the early years practitioners to provide healthy food for the children.
- To work as part of the early years team to keep the early years centre clean and tidy and in a hygienic condition during the children’s day.
- Basic food preparation and cooking for children’s snacks respecting children’s dietary needs with regard to ethnicity and particular needs in discussion with the early years practitioners
- Take delivery of any school lunches and following the safe food policy and procedures.
- Support early years practitioners to serve snacks and meals
- Assist early years practitioners with the preparation and delivery of celebratory/other events e.g. children’s birthdays
- Ensure the kitchen areas meet environmental health requirements on a daily basis and to report any defects to the Head of Centre
- Be responsible for overseeing the rotation of stock and that all legislative requirements are met with regard to the safe storage of food
- Support the team by cleaning up the early years establishment keeping the environment attractive, hygienic for the children throughout the day as required. (Main cleaning duties will be carried out by facilities management).
- Assist with any laundry by loading the washing machine and dryer and ensuring any nursery clothing, towels, cloths etc are kept clean.
You can find out more information about the post o apply for the role online here. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 8 September 2020.