Space and the Broomhouse Hub are looking to recruit a Youth Befriending Project Worker.
The post is full time working 36 hours per week with a salary of £22,846.
Summary of Post
- Be part of a team who coordinate a volunteer befriending service, supporting children and young people, aged 5-16 years, in South West Edinburgh, who are affected by parental drug or alcohol use
- Work with the Service Manager and the youth befriending team to recruit, train and support volunteer befrienders
- Manage referrals and undertake assessments in partnership with children and young people, families, referrers and other relevant individuals
- Develop and organise group activities programme in partnership
- Work as part of the wider team to ensure services are delivered effectively; and to work in partnership with children and families, relevant professionals and other stakeholders to ensure the service remit is carried out with regard to statutory commitments and best practice
The closing date for applications is 1.00pm, Tuesday 13th October 2020. You can read the full job descruption and download an application pack of their website here.