Details on the posts are:
Early Years Assistant – Permanent, working full time 36 hours per week – with a salary of £18,860.00 – £19,142.00 per year.
Major Tasks/ Job Activities
Under the direction and supervision of teaching or nominated staff, support children in the playrooms and throughout the learning environment through organised activities, providing support, assistance and encouragement to help each individual child achieve the best learning and development outcomes possible.
- providing support to teachers, early years staff and children in all learning environments e.g. supporting all aspects of early learning and development including early language, mathematics, health and well being, lunch routinesand other general early years activities;
- assisting in supporting young children’s creativity and skills for life and learning through play and through implementation of planned programmes;
- providing help to children in organising their day and to follow instructions;
- assisting in the provision of a high level of individual and personal care to children with additional support needs e.g. feeding, toileting, changing, dressing, applying medical aids, assisting children with specialist apparatus by means of an agreed individualised care plan; whilst encouraging independence and ensuring safety and comfort
- assisting in providing relevant information through record keeping, attendance at appropriate meetings as designated by the head teacher/Head of Centre or nominated staff member and contributing to the ongoing review of child programmes;
- assisting in supporting record keeping by e.g. contributing towards the individual child’s personal learning profile;
- within an agreed framework,assisting in implementing the School or Early Years improving relationships and behaviour management policy;
- working as part of the school/early years setting staff team, ensuring the ongoing health, safety and welfare of the children including liaising with parents, professional agencies and individuals and bringing any matters concerning child protection to theattention of the teaching/senior early years staff in accordance with school/early years setting procedures and guidelines;
- administrative elements of child welfare requirements, e.g.routine documentation and information dispersal, providing comfort and care for minor accidents, upsets or ailments e.g. cuts and bruises (reporting to teaching/early years staff if considered serious);
- following standard procedures for risk assessment within and out with the playroomsenvironment when required.
- assisting in programmes for children moving into mainstream schools/early years setting and other specialist provision e.g. supervising and escorting the child to the receiving school/establishments, assisting with allocated tasks, encouraging the child to participate in group activities.
- participating in appropriate professional staff development opportunities, in service, refresher training as deemed appropriate
Read the full job description and apply online here. The closing date is 4 May 2021.
Early Years Practitioner – Fixed Term until 31 October 2021, full time working 36 hours per week with a salary of £22,129.00 – £26,393.00 per year.
- Contribute to the delivery of an effective education and care service in line with the pre-determined policies and procedures of the Council. Work as a team member and establish good and effective relationships with the children, young people, staff and parents.
- Contribute to programmes of work for children with additional support needs and help to assess their effectiveness
- Create a supportive and caring ethos in which individual children and young people are encouraged and supported to develop self-esteem, self-confidence and respect for others.
- Provide an appropriately challenging and stimulating educational environment where individual children and young people are encouraged to reach their full potential
Read the full job description and apply online here. The closing date is 5 May 2021.