Farmfoods are recruiting a part time Retail Supervisor position based in their Wester Hailes store.
The post is permanent contracted to 16 hours per week with an hourly pay rate of £9.46.
As one of our retail supervisors you will:
– Be an important part of the management team and support the manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide a great service to our customers.
– Take full responsibility for running the shop in your manager’s absence ensuring that customers are looked after, deliveries are worked quickly and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
– Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and develop your team of retail assistants.
– Take responsibility for the control of operational costs including shrinkage, waste and payroll.
You will need:
– A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
– To be a ‘people person’ who finds it easy to get on everyone and is able to build strong working relationships with the people you work with.
– To be trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your team and your customers will depend upon you to do your job to the best of your ability at all times.
– Some experience as a supervisor, team leader or manager in retail or other similar industries would certainly come in handy but we would still love to hear from you if you think you’ve got what it takes to take the first steps in your retail management career.
More than just a job:
Many people come to us for a part time job to earn a bit of money whilst they are studying at school, college or university and others find that it fits in well around other commitments like raising a family.
If you decide to stick around then there are many long-term opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We have some great training programmes and always look to promote to Shop and Area Manager positions from within. Many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops so this could be the start of a rewarding career for you.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here.