The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting Flexible Cleaning Operatives based at various locations across Wester Hailes/Murrayburn area.
The post is permanent working part-time 15 hours per week with a salary of £18,297 – £18,597 per year.
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the general cleaning of the premises in accordance with the Service Level Agreement, under the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor whilst ensuring all cleaning materials/equipment are handled and utilised in a safe and conscientious manner.
The standard of cleaning should support the retention of QHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001.
The Flexible Cleaning operative will be required to work at different locations within a hub/ locality on a regular basis to meet operational needs
- To empty litter and recycling bins.
- The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
- Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
- Some issues may arise which will require logging and escalating to management. In most cases the post holder will be required to act autonomously and, in some cases, make decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
- Report safety or maintenance issues to your Cleaning Supervisor or to Janitorial staff.
- Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
- Inform appropriate member of staff as and when security or safety risks arise and taking appropriate actions when it is deemed safe to do so
- The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
- At times, deal with enquiries from members of the public
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is Monday 16 August 2021.