The Wester Hales Community Trust are recruiting a Development Worker aimed at supporting the growth of the Trust.
The role is a freelance contract working 13 hours a week paid at £20 per hour fixed term from February 2022 to January 2023.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to support the growth of WHCT. This role is a part time freelance post with the opportunity for discussion to agree a working pattern that is viable to both the successful candidate and the Trust. The successful candidate to the post will be line managed by WHCT trustees. The emphasis of this position will be on the development of WHCT’s capacity, through increased membership, communications, supporting the organisation to be better networked, encouraging collaboration and information sharing, and building knowledge and learning. The post will be responsible for working with the members of WHCT to understand and respond to the emerging needs of the Wester Hailes community we work with.
The key project over the period Feb 2022 – Sept 2022 is to support the WHCT members to develop and complete of the Local Place Plan working with Urban Pioneers as the lead consultant.
This post is funded through the Scottish Government Place Based Investment Programme as a way for the WHCT to play a lead role in the development and completion of the Local Place Plan which will be developed and completed alongside the City of Edinburgh Council-led master planning and regeneration project working with architects Stallen Brand.
- Using a community development approach to build trust and relationships with the Trust’s members and local residents
- Organise and facilitate meetings, events and engagement processes, this includes regular Trustees meetings and AGM
- Through relationship with members identify their needs and develop services and activities in response, including playing a key role in supporting WHCT to take the lead role in the Wester Hailes Local Place Plan
- To develop and facilitate communications between the Trust and its members and wider stakeholders, using IT, social media and face to face engagement.
- To manage WHCT’s day to day finances on behalf of the Trustees using basic book-keeping processes (currently using excel)
- To supply the information for and coordinate the production of WHCT annual accounts on behalf of the Trustees working with an external accountant
- To develop, update and maintain the Trust’s website
- To be the main point of contact for WHCT with responsibility for responding to emails and taking calls on behalf of the Trustees
- To be responsible for creating content for and regularly posting on WHCT social media channels – currently Twitter and Facebook
- To work proactively to identify potential members for the Trust and promote their participation.
- To facilitate capacity building for the Trust Board, such as governance and trustee training and support for new or prospective Trustees
- To promote and support the involvement of local groups, member organisations and their representatives in decision-making structures.
- To assist with carrying out and co-ordinating research to inform and influence local policies and practice.
- To service and provide regular reports on development and progress when required for the Board, funding bodies and partner agencies.
- To participate in Support and Supervision sessions to ensure personal and Trust development is ongoing.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as appropriate to the post and directed by the Trustees
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter that is no more than 2 sides of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that you include 2 references in your covering letter.
Closing Date: Friday 21st January 2022 at 5.00pm
Interviews: Tuesday 1st February 2022
Wester Hailes Community Trust is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) SC046486