The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting a Pupil Support Officer based at Wester Hailes High School (formerly WHEC).
The post is permanent working 30 hours per week part-time with a salary of £22,956 – £26,919 per year.
We are seeking a Pupil Support Officer to work in our Wellbeing Hub. The Wellbeing Hub is part of the provision at WHHS that is designed to meet the needs of young people with social, emotional and behavioural needs with smaller classes and a high staff ratio. Run on Nurture principles, the Hub will provide a safe and welcoming environment where positive relationships and trauma-informed approaches can help young people achieve their potential. There will be a focus on developing social, emotional and communication skills as well as academic learning.
Major Tasks and Activities
- Promote better relationships, better learning and better behaviour through liaising and promoting understanding between school, children, young people and families.
- Support the development of positive relationships and emotional wellbeing of children and young people using evidence based interventions with individual learners and groups.
- Build links with families to promote participation in their children’s learning and remove barriers to their and their children’s involvement in school life.
- Effectively link families with, and support their attendance at, local authority evidence based parenting groups.
- Make links with relevant organisations in the community to develop networks of support and opportunity to complement school-based and partner services and agencies support.
- Support strengths based, solution focussed individual planning and review.
- Support planning and delivery of whole school /individual plans for example; behaviour, family engagement, risk management and child or young people’s plans with the involvement of all key parties including parents/carers and school partners.
- This list is indicative of activity, not exhaustive, and describes a range of typical activities undertaken by the post holder.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is Monday 31 January 2022.