SCOREscotland are recruiting for a manager position to work with their board to develop, manage and deliver the organisation’s services
The post is full time working 35 hours per week with a salary of £37,286.
Sustaining and developing the organisation
- Develop all aspects of the organisation within SCOREscotland’s values and within a strategic planning framework, taking appropriate responsibility for all elements of the post.
- Maintain relationships and links between the various aspects of SCOREscotland’s work
- Ensure that all necessary policies and procedures are developed, implemented and kept up-to-date
- Represent and promote the organisation’s aims and values in liaison with other agencies and in public fora
- Ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Ensure that SCOREscotland’s Board are fully apprised of all significant issues and matters of management and development
Fund-raising and Financial Management
- Undertake financial forward planning and fundraising in order to develop and sustain the organisation. This will include exploring sustainable social enterprise possibilities and funding models.
- Manage SCOREscotland’s budget and financial planning processes, ensuring that accurate information is provided to the Board and to funders
- Ensure that SCOREscotland adheres to standards of good practice in all matters of employment legislation
- Ensure that effective supervision arrangements are in place for all staff
- Directly manage a small number of staff members
- Ensure that annual reviews are carried out for all staff
- Contribute to, and work with others to develop and sustain an active learning culture within the organisation
- Adhere to matters of staff management and ensure that equality and fairness are upheld in all aspects of staff management and support
Overview of Service Provision
- Have an overall responsibility for evaluation and quality assurance in order that SCOREscotland can sustain, develop and evidence quality services
- Ensure the effectiveness of all systems relating to service provision, including paper and electronic recording systems, referrals, allocation and the safety/security of office premises
- Identify, in liaison with Senior Development Officers, other agencies and local communities, gaps in service provision and opportunities to develop services
- Ensure that effective quality assurance systems are in place in relation to the learning of placement students, and e.g. job-starts, and that strong relationships are maintained with Universities and other agencies.
- Engage in a diverse range of stakeholder experiences, and promote these to providers of services
- Develop strategies for collecting data in ways that best suit the communication needs and preferences of varied BAME communities.
- The post holder may be required to take on additional duties and responsibilities from time to time which are necessary to sustain and develop the organisation.
You can read the full job description and download an application form online here. The closing date for completed application forms is Monday 31 January, 2022, at 12 midday.