WHALE Arts is recruiting a Young People Programmes Lead to codesign and deliver programmes of multi-art form creative activities for children, young people, families and schools.
The post is fixed-term 12 months, working 28 hours per week part time with a salary of £24,500 full-time / £ pro rata.
WHALE Arts is the cultural anchor organisation for Wester Hailes. We are a community led-arts charity and social enterprise, set up by local people in 1992. Our mission is to be the creative heart of a vibrant, thriving community.
- To oversee an exciting, engaging, and responsive programme of creative activities for young people, children, schools and families of all ages and abilities with a range of needs and aspirations.
- To develop and co-design high quality, fun, creative projects with children and young people, in response to identified need. Working with partners to deliver programmes that deliver WHALE Arts strategy and vision.
- To remove barriers to access, ensure safety and to support young people to take part in activities with WHALE Arts.
- An effective project manager with at least three years’ experience in developing and delivering arts projects.
- Passion for and experience of working with young people on a variety of community-based and outreach creative projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build rapport, engage and support children, families and young people.
- Trained in and with experience of Child Protection issues and Safeguarding.
- Experience of working with a range of children and young people, including those from disadvantaged areas, BME communities, those who have faced challenging life circumstances and children and young people with disabilities and additional support needs.
- Project management including managing freelance staff, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, reporting to funders,
- Willingness to work evenings/days/weekends as required. Flexible to meet the needs of the post.
- Flexible hours to meet the demands of the post, including evenings and weekends where required and particularly during school holidays
You can read the full job advertisement on WHALE Arts’ website.
Apply by email email@example.com, subject line YP Programmes Lead attaching:
- An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the Person Specification ( max 2 pages)
- Details of two referees, including at least one previous employer.
Applications open on Friday 20th May 2022. Applications close on Monday 30th May at 9.00a.m. Late applications will not be considered.