WHALE Arts are recruiting a Community Chef position to support their weekly Community Meal and the launch of the new WHALE Community Cafe.
The post is fixed term, contracted to 12 months, working 21 hours per week (includes Saturday working) with a salary of £19,000 (full-time) / £11,400 (21 hours a week).
- To support the Community Food Project Lead on the café and community meal projects
- To cook a limited, but high quality ‘made from fresh’ menu for the café
- Prepare, organise and cook a nutritious, plant-based and sustainable community meal for 40-60 local people every Friday
- To support, develop and work alongside kitchen and community meal volunteers
- To collaborate with local partners to increase our impact on local community
- To manage kitchen operations and safety, with support from Community Food Project Lead
- To manage the café in the absence of the Café Manager
You can read the full job description and person specification online here.
Apply by email to email@example.com subject line Community Chef attaching:
- An up-to-date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the person specification (maximum 2 pages)
- Details of two referees, including at least one previous employer.
Closing date for applications: 12.00pm Tuesday 26 July 2022. For more information or if you have any questions, please email Rebecca on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone WHALE Arts reception on 0141 458 3267 to arrange a conversation.