Wester Hailes Youth Agency are hiring sessional workers for their youth work team.
There are several posts available working 5 – 10 hours dependent on experience and availability, with a salary of £11.36 per hour during probationary period rising to £12.50.
- To make contact with young people in Wester Hailes and surrounding areas and identify their needs and aspirations.
- To participate in the delivery of a range of Youth Agency services which meet the identified needs and aspirations of young people. Sessional Youth Workers are expected to work on sites both outdoors and centre based.
- To plan, prepare and deliver youth work programmes, including contributing to evaluations and reviews.
- To provide ongoing support and information to young people on a variety of issues.
- To encourage and support the involvement of young people in all aspects of the Agency and the local community.
- To adhere to current policy and practice in all aspects of the Agency’s work, including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- To contribute to the effective administration of the Agency, where appropriate.
- To take part in training deemed necessary by the current requirements of the Agency.
- To undertake any other duties which may be required.
You can read the full job description and download an application pack to apply online here. The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Thursday 1 September 2022.