Randolph Hill Nursing Homes Group are looking for Care Assistants to join their team at their nursing home Blenham House in Sighthill.
There are both permanent full or part time posts available with starting rates of pay of £11.25 – £15.62 per hour (depending on level).
- To promote the highest standards of care within the nursing home
- To uphold the residents rights to privacy, dignity and choice
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff and visitors
- To adhere to SSSC Code of Conduct
- To set a good example at all times in respect of dress, manner, hygiene and behaviour
- To report any injuries, disease or dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
- To maintain correctly written records as required by the company and statutory bodies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years care experience gained within any care of the elderly setting, whether this be nursing home, hospital or community based. We are also keen to hear from student nurses
- From time to time we may consider people without experience if they have good reasons for looking to work within the care sector and depending on skill mix within the home at that time
- For Principal Carer post an SVQ 3 is essential along with team leadership experience in a care environment
- Experience of working with elderly people and knowledge of dementia, delivering clinical support in this area
- Time management, prioritisation of workload for self and greater team
- Ability to problem solve and manage a diverse range of situations effectively within a nursing home setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially report writing
- Being able to deal with a variety of issues and respond appropriately
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 12 January 2023.