The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting for an Early Years Officer vacancy based at Hailesland Early Years Centre.
The post is permanent working part-time 18 hours per week with a salary of £28,854 – £34,057 per year, pro-rata for part-time.
The early years service delivers direct services to children in a variety of ways: in nursery schools, nursery classes, early years centres and Child and Family Centres.
The Early Years Officer (EYO) will act as key worker to individual children in the provision of the following services:
- Delivery of the pre-school and birth to three curriculum;
- Promotion of welfare and wellbeing of children, including child protection
- Supporting parents in a range of ways such as running parenting groups and advising parents how to care for their children;
- Liaison with other staff and organisations to ensure that individual children are kept safe and input to the development of appropriate care packages;
- Services to support children and their families delivered in partnership with schools, health staff and community education.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 18 November 2022.