The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting a Clerical Assistant position based at Wester Hailes High School.
The post is fixed-term until 28/02/2025, working full-time 36 hours per week during term-time 40 weeks per year.
The postholder may be expected to undertake any of the following duties:
- General typing and word processing for staff throughout the school including: correspondence, reports, minutes, records and returns, purchase orders, class handouts, information bulletins, etc.
- Reprographic duties – eg photocopying, collating, stapling, binding. Delivery of completed work to departments as required. Departmental billing and costings, stock control, on-line ordering of consumables.
- Dealing with disposal of confidential waste.
- Reception and switchboard duties. Receiving visitors, taking and relaying messages, answering simple queries, locating staff, etc. Dealing with sensitive and/or confidential queries as first point of contact in school.
- Internal communications – locate members of staff or pupils in the school. Deliver messages and take round notices. Obtain information for preparation of school bulletin/daily staff absence reports etc.
- Keep internal records such as class lists. Make out and update pupil records and prepare returns of admits and leavers. Maintain pupil record filing systems. Assist with the preparation returns for Children & Families and the Scottish Government.
- Procurement – requisition and receive resources using Oracle system and progress outstanding orders. Keep records of departmental spending.
- School meals – record dinner money; issue lunch tickets and administer cashless catering system and cards. Maintain and update free meals roll. Prepare return of meals supplied and cash banked.
- Collection and recording of money for school trips, events and functions and preparation of money for banking.
- Assist with administration for outings and excursions, e.g. send out parental consent forms; organise transport.
- Clerical tasks associated with examination arrangements.
- Stamp outgoing mail and keep post book.
- Issue bus passes and travel tokens.
- SEEMIS – operation of the computerised administration package.
- Registration and Group Tutor Folders:-
- Issuing group tutor folders every morning receiving back at end of registration and inserting every day on SEEMIS.
- Sending text messages to parents, receiving feedback and updating as appropriate.
- Recording and printing period by period absence
- Inserting in folders as required all information for pupils and staff
- In Community High Schools-
- Assisting with day adult enrolments. Collecting and banking fees for same.
- Advising day and evening adults on classes available – both personally and by phone
- Preparation of booklets, newsletters, bulletins etc for day and evening adult classes
- Any other relevant duties as directed
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 27 March 2023.