NHS Scotland are recruiting a Senior Receptionist Post based at Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre.
The post is permanent working 37.5 hours per week with a salary of £21,709 – £23,603.
To provide leadership and supervision of a front of house team of five who are responsible for supporting the practice team in providing primary healthcare services to people in Lothian. To take overall responsibility for the smooth running of the reception area. To deputise for the Assistant Practice Manager. The post holder supports Wester Hailes Medical Practice in the planning and development of primary healthcare services to people in Lothian. This is done by providing administrative, secretarial and reception support to practice staff in dealing with a wide range of NHS staff, patients and other health and social care professionals.
- Ensure standards of patient/carer confidentiality are maintained
- To receive and direct patients, answering any queries they may have before or after their consultation.
- Deal with telephone enquiries, redirecting calls as appropriate.
- To open new medical records, filing records and hospital returns etc.
- Deal with incoming correspondence relating to patients.
- To ensure patient related correspondence and consultation notes are updated at both sites.
- To ensure a high standard of maintenance of patient’s notes.
- To assist with the preparation of emergency referral letters/emergency procedures as directed
by members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure data input to and information output from the practice medical information system
- To assist the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager to ensure that admin staffing levels across the Practice are sufficient, employing permanent, locum and temporary staff as appropriate
- Provision of inspirational leadership and guidance to the front of house staff team.
- Support the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager in the overall management of the Practice, deputising as required
- Provision of staff support and supervision including appraisal and development.
- Ensure practice protocols and procedures are understood and implemented
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager
- To contribute to the orientation and training of other team members.
- To demonstrate and teach admin procedures to other members of the Practice team.
- Co-ordinate recall and vaccination programmes.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager.
Planning & Development
- Oversee the monitoring of stock and usage of stationary and sundry items, re-ordering as necessary, to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Oversee the maintenance of clinical and administrative filing systems in order to provide a well organised system of document storage and retrieval.
- Liaise with staff within Lothian Primary Care Organisation, as well as GPs, other NHS Trusts and other health and social care professionals, both locally and across the UK, by providing accurate information relating to individual clients or service provision while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- To implement service developments by the Administrative Team at the practice in conjunction with the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager.
- Co-ordinate and participate in reception rotas.
- Identify, in conjunction with the Practice Manager and Assistant Practice Manager, issues of
- building maintenance and report to appropriate facilities/estates departments.
- Participate in the wider administrative work of the practice as required.
- To provide daily support and supervision to the administrative team.
- To support clinical staff on a daily basis, ensuring smooth running of clinical sessions.
- To liaise with external agencies and ensure effective and efficient communication at all times.
- To adhere to practice and PCO policies.
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 15 April 2022.