NHS Scotland are recruiting a Medical Receptionist based at Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre.
The post is permanent working 30 hours per week with a salary of £21,709 – £23,603 FTE.
To provide a high quality professional secretarial and administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, colleagues, health service professionals and others. To act as a point of contact for patients contacting their Practice and to portray the Practice in the highest possible professional basis.
- Acting as first point of contact for clinicians and other members of multi-disciplinary team, responsible for managing mail, telephone calls, face to face and electronic communications from clinical and non-clinical staff, patients, relatives, carers and external agencies, responding where appropriate; prioritising and redirecting or escalating as required to clinicians or line manager to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Produce accurate clinical correspondence for inpatients and outpatients by use of audio typing, copy typing and speech recognition transcription (where available) including operation notes, discharge letters, outpatient letters, departmental specific/legislative and Tribunal reports.
- Access and update clinicians’/MDT diaries on request and escalate, where appropriate, to resolve diary conflicts.
- Participate in the organisation of events as required, supporting with e.g. booking, organising travel and registration.
- General administrative duties including filing, photocopying, stationery ordering, and booking meetings and rooms.
- Access and use the required patient information management systems for the recording, storage and retrieval of patient information as required by members of the MDT.
- Data input to and/or extraction from databases or spreadsheets, reporting and producing correspondence as required the clinician / service.
- Process and appoint patient referrals to appropriate clinics and assist in maintaining appropriate follow-up systems. The post-holder is expected to escalate to line manager when appointment is not able to be met within the required timescale and in line with Standard Operation Procedures.
- Organise and / or attend department meetings as required and take minutes, specifying decisions made and appropriate follow-up actions required for subsequent approval by the senior member of the group.
- Set up / maintain office administration systems as required to assist in the smooth running of the department.
- When required, assist with the orientation of new / temporary staff including junior doctors and medical students, and promote team working.
- Adhere to all confidential and sensitive information as per the Data Protection Act (1998) and NHS Lothian policies.
- Acquire and maintain Medical Terminology to support development in role.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss work issues.
- Provide flexible cover and backup support for other members of the team as required.
- Responsible for coding of new patient records when previous notes received using SCIMP codes to ensure electronic patient records are up-to-date at all times.
- Code new diagnoses when requested by GPs, from hospital correspondence etc to ensure that electronic patient records are up-to-date at all times.
- To support NHS Lothian’s values of quality, teamwork, care and compassion, dignity and respect, and openness, honesty and responsibility through the application of appropriate behaviours and attitudes
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 5 July 2022.