NHS Scotland are recruiting a Medical Receptionist based at Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre.
The post is permanent working part time 25 hours per week with a salary of £19,609 – £21,615 full time equivalent.
To provide a professional reception and administrative support service within the designated work area.
- To provide a reception service within the designated work area including taking and recording patient details and directing patients to the appropriate waiting area.
- To arrange patient appointments using local systems, following “VISION” guidelines, and undertake any preparatory administrative duties relating to forthcoming clinics
- To respond to patient enquiries and provide relevant information relating to their appointment/services
- To alert and inform clinical staff of any concerns relating to a patient’s health on arrival at the department.
- To input patient records and data into local databases and systems in line with local processes and protocols, maintaining thereafter as required, ensuring confidentiality of all sensitive information as per the Data Protection Act (1998) and in line with all NHS Lothian policies.
- To communicate with service users, other services and members of multidisciplinary teams, using tact and diplomacy, directing and prioritising queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To adhere to all departmental, reception and administrative policies and procedures.
- As required undertake general clerical duties including for example; managing incoming and outgoing mail, filing, photocopying, audio/copy typing, scanning, booking of appointments, monitoring and control of stock, booking interpreters, processing requests for repeat and acute prescriptions in line with Practice policy.
- As required perform clerical duties to support local audit/surveys in relation to service delivery.
- When required, assist with the orientation of new / temporary staff.
- To support NHS Lothian’s values of quality, teamwork, care and compassion, dignity and respect, and openness, honesty and responsibility through the application of appropriate behaviours and attitudes.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 19 August 2022.