You could get a £140 discount on your electricity bill through the Warm Home Discount Scheme for winter 2014 to 2015.
You qualify for the discount if on 12 July 2014 all of the following applied:
- your supplier was part of the scheme
- your name (or your partner’s) was on the bill
- you were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
You can find a full list of the suppliers which are part of the scheme here.
If you qualify for the discount, you’ll get a letter this autumn or winter telling you either:
- you don’t have to apply – you’ll get the discount automatically
- to apply by 30 January 2015 – the letter will tell you why and how
You’ll receive your letter by 24 December at the latest.
If you dont get a letter:
Contact the Warm Home Discount Team if you don’t get a letter but believe you qualify.
Warm Home Discount Scheme
Telephone: 0345 603 9439
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Find out about call charges
If you don’t qualify:
Some suppliers can offer the discount to vulnerable people, for example, those on a low income.
Each supplier has their own rules about who else (known as the ‘broader group’) can get this help. Check with your supplier if you meet their rules for broader group help and how to apply for it.