The teenage years can often feel like being on a rollercoaster for parents, carers and young people – plenty of highs, lows and uncertainty about what might be round the corner! The many physical, emotional and behaviour changes that occur mean that adolescence can be a time of vulnerability as well as a time of great opportunity for young people.
The six session Raising Teens With Confidence course will be held at Wester Hailes Education Centre on Tuesday 23rd October until Tuesday 27th November between 4.30-6.30pm and cover the following topics:
- The Teenage Years: Why What You Do Matters!
- The Amazing Teenage Brain: What’s Going on in There?
- Risky Business: Managing Adventure, Risk and Resilience.
- It’s Good to Talk: The Importance of Staying Connected.
- The Brain Under Stress: Overcoming Setbacks and Promoting Resilience
- Looking After Your Own Wellbeing: Coping with the Changes.
For more information, contact Alan Stewart, Family Engagement Worker on 0131 442 2201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org