WHALE Arts are currently looking to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator (Covid-19 Recovery) role.
The post is fixed term working 21 hours perweek part time until the end of September 2020, with a salary of £22,000 (Full Time Equivalent).
This is a new, time-limited post funded by Scottish Government Covid-19 Supporting Communities Funding. The role has been designed to support volunteers to safely get involved with helping Wester Hailes through the recovery and transition phase of the lockdown.
- Support volunteers and work with current staff to support volunteers in a variety of roles: remotely through using technology, and in line with restrictions being lifted to get involved with activities and projects in the building and garden such as gardening, outdoor activities, food provision, art pack production (approximately 20 volunteers to be supported over the 3-4 month period)
- Organise volunteer rotas provide inductions and training or support current staff to do this
- Liaise with WHALE staff to ensure clarity on roles and responsibilities of volunteers and to create and update current and new volunteer role descriptions
- Ensure volunteers are aware of and working in line with our current health and safety restrictions during COVID-19
Reporting & Data
- Set up / improve current systems to track, monitor and review quantitative data including the number of volunteers, volunteer hours, and any other relevant data
- Collect volunteers stories (for case studies, evaluation, and future funding applications)
- Store information in a confidential manner and in line with our GDPR policy
Strategic / Policy
- Create a volunteer strategy and an updated policy and procedure for local volunteering beyond Covid-19 recovery
- Update current volunteer forms and practices related to recruitment and management of volunteers
- Join area-wide conversations with local partners and agencies across Wester Hailes (currently a monthly 1 hour long zoom meeting on a Wednesday am)
Apply by email attaching:
- An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the Person Specification (no more than 2 pages).
- Details of two referees, including at least one previous employer.
Applications open on 10.06.20 Applications close on 24.06.20 – applications should be submitted no later than 1pm. Late applications will not be considered. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org using Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line.
Please don’t send questions about the role to this email address as it will not be monitored on a daily basis, questions should be sent to Leah Black (details below).
Interviews will be held by Zoom on 01.07.20
You can read the full job advertisement or WHALE Art’s website here.