Lothian Buses have announced they will be running a reduced service due to the latest Scottish Government guidance aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
In view of an anticipated decrease in customer journeys across January, a Saturday service will operate Mondays to Saturdays, with a Sunday timetable in effect on 10 January.
The new timetables currently runs until the 16th January however with the new rules announced on 4 January 2020 it will likely be extended.
New timetable can be found here.
Lothian Buses have also released the following advice to ensure bus journeys are as safe as possible:
- Travel outside of your local authority is prohibited (except for essential purposes).
- Our services are available for essential journeys only – please be mindful about when you travel and avoid busier times where possible if you must travel.
- You must wear a face covering unless you have a legitimate exemption. Your covering should cover both your mouth and nose for the duration of your journey.
- Please consider using contactless or M-tickets to pay for your journey instead of cash. If you can only pay with cash, however, it will still be accepted – please pay directly into the hopper.
- Windows must remain open on our services to allow fresh air to circulate. Please plan ahead before making an essential journey and dress warmly in the knowledge that windows must be open on-board. Customers must not close windows.
- Use hand sanitiser or wash your hands thoroughly before and after travelling.
- Sit apart from other passengers. If you are travelling with other members of your household, please sit together to leave seats free for other customers.
- Please be mindful of those with hidden disabilities or other conditions which might make it difficult for them to following physical distancing measures as well as others.
- When leaving the bus, please remain behind the yellow and black line on the floor near the driver’s cab, and give space to fellow passengers waiting to alight.
- Please treat our drivers and your fellow customers with kindness and respect – these are challenging and worrying times for us all. We’re all in this together.