The Bridge 8 Hub will be offering Fix your Bike bike maintenance workshops starting this Saturday 16 October 2021, 10am – 4pm.
The workshops are free and split into hour and a half slots. They will offer 1-2-1 support from a professional bike mechanic to people who havbe an interest in carrying out bike maintenance. They also offer free access to bike tools, puncture repair kits and bike lights. The sessions will cover:
- Basic bike care and maintenance
- Terminology associated to your bike and how to use it
- How to clean and lubricate chain
- How to fix a flat by removing and replacing innertubes
- The different brake types and how to adjust and change your pads on your bike
The workshops are supported by Sustrans and were one of the actions agreed upon in the Wester Hailes, Sighthill and Broomhouse active travel community action plan, which was co-produced by a steering group of local community organisations and Sustrans, after carrying out discussions with local people.
For more information or to book your place contact email@example.com.