SCOREscotland is looking for a skilled and experienced Project Coordinator, who is passionate about engaging with young people, and anti-racist education.
The post is fixed-term until August 2025 working part-time 7 hours per week, with a salary of £5,289.2 annually (£26,446 pro rata).
Purpose of Job
To work closely with the Youth and Children’s Development Officer to develop and deliver a three-year anti-racism programme with the black and minority ethnic (BME) young people of South West Edinburgh. This programme will be delivered to young people attending mainstream various youth clubs in South West Edinburgh.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help create a safe and stimulating environment that provides young people from various cultural backgrounds with opportunities to develop socially, physically and emotionally.
- Coordinate an anti-racist peer-education focused programme (Youth CommUnity Voices) encompassing social, anti-racist education, heritage and recreational elements.
- Provide administrative, programming and coordinating support to the project. Liaise with facilitators and professionals. Book venues and coordinate trips.
- Support the young people to raise awareness of issues affecting them and share these with young people from mainstream youth clubs.
- Lead in the setting out of equipment, planning, and preparation of materials and activities in advance of each session. Evaluating work and clearing away at the end of the session.
- Ensure young people have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the provision including planning, development, decision-making processes and evaluation.
- Provide opportunities for young people to develop awareness, knowledge and skills, which will assist them in becoming involved in the wider society.
- Establish and sustain positive working relationships with young people based on Youth Work professional boundaries.
Other Responsibilities Include;
- To provide support and guidance to sessional youth workers/volunteers and trainees in a sensitive and fair manner.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Manager/Youth and Children’s Development Officer.
- To provide reports when necessary.
You can read the full job description and download an application pack here. The closing date for applications is Monday 19 September 2022.