The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to recruit a Pupil Support Assistant based in the Wellbeing Hub of Wester Hailes High School.
The post is permanent, working part-time 30 hours per week during term time (39 weeks per year), with a salary of £21,697 – £21,979 (pro rata for part time and sessional).
We are seeking an inspiring Pupil Support Assistant to work with our Support for Learning team and in our Wellbeing Hub. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment where positive relationships can help young people achieve their potential, and they will understand the importance of developing social, emotional and communication skills as well as academic learning.
- Promote better relationships, better learning and better behaviour through liaising and promoting understanding between school, children, young people and families.
- Support the development of positive relationships and emotional wellbeing of children and young people using evidence based interventions with individual learners and groups.
- Build links with families to promote participation in their children’s learning and remove barriers to their and their children’s involvement in school life.
- Effectively link families with, and support their attendance at, local authority evidence based parenting groups.
- Make links with relevant organisations in the community to develop networks of support and opportunity to complement school-based and partner services and agencies support.
- Support strengths based, solution focussed individual planning and review.
- Support planning and delivery of whole school /individual plans for example; behaviour, family engagement, risk management and child or young people’s plans with the involvement of all key parties including parents/carers and school partners.
- This list is indicative of activity, not exhaustive, and describes a range of typical activities undertaken by the post holder.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 13 June 2023.