The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting a Pupil Support Officer post based at Wester Hailes High school working to support their attendance strategy.
The post is permanent working 30 hours per week during term time (39 weeks a year) with a salary of
£24,890 – £28,854 per year (pro rata for part-time and sessional).
They are looking for an enthusiastic and forward thinking Pupil Support Officer who is able to support their work in closing the poverty related attainment gap. This will include supporting the attendance strategy and working with other colleagues and young people and families to provide targeted support. The monitoring of attendance is critical to this role and impacts positively in ensuring every child experiences success in our school.
- Promote better relationships, better learning and better behaviour through liaising and promoting understanding between school, children, young people and families.
- Support the development of positive relationships and emotional wellbeing of children and young people using evidence based interventions with individual learners and groups.
- Build links with families to promote participation in their children’s learning and remove barriers to their and their children’s involvement in school life.
- Effectively link families with, and support their attendance at, local authority evidence based parenting groups.
- Make links with relevant organisations in the community to develop networks of support and opportunity to complement school-based and partner services and agencies support.
- Support strengths based, solution focussed individual planning and review.
- Support planning and delivery of whole school /individual plans for example; behaviour, family engagement, risk management and child or young people’s plans with the involvement of all key parties including parents/carers and school partners.
- This list is indicative of activity, not exhaustive, and describes a range of typical activities undertaken by the post holder.
You can read the full job description and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 23 June 2023.