The Holy Trinity Church is looking to hire a Community Cafe Manager for the Bridge Community Cafe.
The post is part-time working 22 hours per week. Café opens Wednesday – Friday, with some flexibility on preparation and admin time within and outside of these days. The post has a Salary of £15,200 pa (£25.9k full time equivalent).
There are 3 main elements to the job – managing the café, looking after our volunteer workforce
and leading the café team each day.
- Managing the Café
- The Café Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the café. They manage rotas, train and manage the paid Cook and volunteer team, ensure that all food hygiene and health & safety regulations are adhered to, make sure customer service is excellent, order and manage stock levels, develop new menu items and promotions, ensure kitchen equipment has its maintenance checks and manage the budget.
- Looking after our Volunteers
- Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet new people, learn new skills, give back to the community and to boost confidence. We have a pool of around 20 volunteers who do much of what is needed to run the café each day along with the Cook. They take customer orders, prepare food, serve customers and wash dishes etc. We have some volunteers whose role is to get to know our customers and offer a listening ear if needed.
- The Café Manger organises the volunteer workforce. They meet with people who might want to volunteer in the café and find suitable slots for volunteers to work with the rest of the team. Mentoring and training are important parts of this role. There is natural turnover of the volunteer workforce and we are always on the lookout for new volunteers.
- Leading the day’s team
- The Café Manager leads the team in a short prayer time around 9.45 each morning. This is also a time when the team agrees roles for that day and any addresses any last-minute operational issues such as a volunteer being unexpectedly absent.
You can read the full job description and download an application form online here. If you have any questions or would like an informal chat about the role, or the application process, please contact: Fiona Stirrat: email@example.com. Applications should be sent by 12.00noon on 25th August 2023.