The City of Edinburgh Council are hiring a Senior Cook position based at Wester Hailes High School.
The post is fixed term working part-time 33 hours per week during term time 38 weeks per year, with a salary of £21,697 – £21,979 per year (pro rata for part time).
- Food preparation and cooking (80%).
- Storage and ongoing maintenance/monitoring of food and non-food storage areas (5%).
- Food service/counter support (10%).
- Adhere to all food safety and health and safety legislation (5%)
- Skilled cooking activities connected with the full range of meals including the preparation of
the food offer.
- Paperwork – Complete or supervise the completion of Cook Safe paperwork and support the
unit supervisor/manager in the completion and analysis of food cost and other performance
- Stock – Receiving food deliveries, checking temperature and quality of food and storing and
labelling food appropriately. Stock rotation, checking dates to ensure old stock is used first
and occasional ordering of stock.
- Control of hygiene within the kitchen – e.g. use of sterilising equipment, cleaning store
cupboards, keeping work areas clean and tidy and ensuring a high level of hygiene health and
safety is maintained throughout. Ensuring Supervisors are made aware of any staff hygiene
issues within the kitchen.
- To undertake and supervise counter set-up and presentation of the food offer and assist in the
service of that food as required.
- Cash handling (as and when required).
- Assist the supervisor/manager in the liaison with suppliers including the placing food and nonfood
- Support the planning provision and delivery of foods for functions on a regular basis.
You can read the full job description and person specification, as well as apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is 1 November 2023.