The City of Edinburgh Council are looking to fill a Cleaning Operative vacancy based at Wester Hailes High School.
The post is permanent, working part-time 10 hours per week with a salary of £23,087 – £23,387 per year(pro rata for part time). The hours of work are 6.00am – 8.00am Monday to Friday.
- To empty litter and recycling bins.
- The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
- Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
- The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
- Other tasks as may reasonably be required that relate to the role, including supporting cleaning tasks across other buildings where required.
- The post holder will be required to deliver to the cleaning specification requirements and to cooperate with performance measurement so that the overall agreed standards are met.
- Facilities Management has overall responsibility for keyholding to enable opening and closing of buildings that we service. As part of the duties of a Cleaning Operative and in this particular role, you will be required to be a key holder to fulfil these tasks. This typically would include operation of security alarm systems when opening a building, closing accessible windows and doors, switching off lights and ensuring that premises are left safe and secure when closing.
You can read the full job advertisement and apply for the post online here. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 November 2023.