The City of Edinburgh Council are currently looking to recruit a Community Care Assistant based at the Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre.
The post is permanent and full time, contracted to 36 hours per week with a salary of £20,159.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
The post holder should :
- Have an HNC qualification in Social Care. This should be supplemented with an SVQ Level 3 in Social Care/ HNC/SVQ for Health Support Workers or Occupational Therapy Support.
- Have previous experience in a range of social care and/ or health settings.
- Have an understanding of the needs of adult social care service user groups.
- Have good organisational and practical skills and be flexible and creative in the delivery of the service.
- Have an up to date knowledge of financial assessments and welfare benefits.
- Have good communication and listening skills.
- Be able to contribute and adapt to change.
- Have a sound knowledge of basic IT systems.
- Have experience of Manual Handling Techniques.
For more information or to apply for the post visit MyJobScotland here.