WHALE Arts is looking to recruit a gardener to coordinate their Community Garden Project.
The post is fixed term until the end of March 2021 and part-time working 14 hours per week with a salary of £20,500 pro-rata.
Key Responsibilities and duties
- Ensure the maintenance of the garden grounds at WHALE Arts, working alongside the Enterprise and Facilities Manager, staff and volunteers
- Help develop and implement a Garden Maintenance Plan liaising as appropriate with the Enterprise and Facilities Manager, gardening groups and volunteers
- Assist with the development and management of the organisation’s food waste and composting system
- Manage and maintain garden resources and equipment at WHALE Arts, ensuring these are correctly stored
- Contribute to the maintenance and planning of green spaces developed outwith our venue with other local partners.
Garden Volunteer Coordination
- Sustain positive relationships with all staff, volunteers, participants, partners and others
- Share skills and knowledge related to organic horticultural production with volunteers including sowing seeds, setting out plants, planting out, lawn mowing, soil preparation and pruning
- Provide regular updates and attend regular meetings with the Enterprise and Facilities Manager relating to ongoing gardening maintenance and activities
- Propagate, grow and harvest vegetables, fruit and herbs from WHALE Arts garden with the support of volunteers
- Participate in feedback gathering as well as evaluative processes of the horticultural and environmental activities by facilitating regular gardening meetings
- Communicate and update the WHALE Arts team on garden development and activities
- Ensure and implement a safe working environment within the Garden, in line with health and safety legislation and highlight any concerns to management
- Update knowledge and skills relevant to the job by attending relevant training, workshops, conferences or similar
- Other reasonable duties as required
You can apply in writing or by email, enclosing/attaching:
- An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience. No longer than two pages.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills meet the Essential and Desirable Skills criteria of the job description. No longer than two pages.
- Details of two referees, including your most recent employer
If you have any questions about the role please contact Laura Delahunt, Enterprise and Facilities Manager, by emailing email@example.com or call: 0131 4583267. You can apply to:
Enterprise and Facilities Manager
WHALE Arts Centre,
30 Westburn Grove,
0131 458 3267
Applications are open until Wednesday 9.00am, 10 June 2020. You can read the full person specification on WHALE Arts’ website here.