The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting an ICT Technician based at Wester Hailes Education Centre.
The post is Fixed Term until June 2022, working full time 36 hours per week with a salary of £22,129.00 – £26,393.00 per year.
Purpose of the Job
- Provide a central ICT service to all teaching and non-teaching departments.
- Work with staff and pupils in the implementation of IT in the school, promoting the use of equipment and associated techniques and the preparation of classrooms and facilities for Audio Visual/ICT.
- Act as the point of contact with Council/external suppliers for all IT maintenance.
Major Tasks/Job Activities
- Assist and advise teaching staff in the planning and use of IT resources.
- Provide advice and guidance in the operation, use and applications of all relevant IT equipment, including any operational demonstration of equipment.
- Assist in testing and evaluating new equipment/software.
- Assist in the management of software, including installation and setting of preferences.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and adequate supplies of materials and equipment are available for use by staff.
- Recommend the specification of equipment for purchase.
- Maintain an audit of IT inventory within the school.
- Support the configuration, distribution, maintenance and asset management of the school’s iPad estate.
- Complete purchase orders for ICT whole school resources for final approval by the Head Teacher/Business Manager in line with central purchasing procedures.
- Update his/her knowledge and keeping abreast of new developments. Use new technology equipment and techniques where appropriate.
- Assist and participate in the training of staff in the use of ICT equipment, software and any related systems. Provide technical support to staff in the ongoing maintenance of ICT hardware, including peripherals such as printers, scanners, monitors, etc.
- The practice and application associated with a wide range of ICT in education, including GLOW, Seemis and SQA.
- Any other duties deemed relevant to the post.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.