The City of Edinburgh Council are recruiting a Pupil Support Assistant based at Murrayburn Primary School.
The post is permanent working part-time 22.5 hours per week, during term-time (39 weeks per year), with a salary of £19,687 – £19,969 per year.
Support for Effective Learning and Teaching
- developing good teamwork with teaching and other staff who are supporting pupils;
- providing support to teachers and pupils in classroom learning/work as planned as part of the teacher’s programme; e.g. supporting language, maths, health and well being and general class activities;
- assisting in supporting pupil’s attainment through practical help (e.g. reading and basic scribing) and through implementation of planned programmes;
- supervising and supporting groups in follow-up tasks set by the teacher, to allow the teacher quality teaching time with other pupils;
- supporting pupils working together to encourage teamwork and co-operation e.g. playing games which have practice skills, encouraging sharing, turn taking and co-operation;
- assisting in the use of play and craft activities;
- encouraging pupil’s oral language development through play, books, stories and personal interaction;
- providing help to pupils in organising their work and to follow instructions;
- helping with tasks where there are physical difficulties, whilst encouraging independence and ensuring safety and comfort;
- supervising and escorting pupils within and out with the premises as part of their learning activities e.g. between classrooms, play activities, on educational/shopping trips, swimming lessons, sports events and also to home or hospital;
- assisting pupils with computer software and equipment;
- assisting in providing relevant information through record keeping, attendance at appropriate meetings as designated by the head teacher as nominated staff member and contributing to the on going review of pupil programmes;
- supporting the class teacher in utilising the strategies required;
- assisting in supporting record keeping by e.g. completing checklists of tasks diaries with individual pupils;
- noting behavioural and health and welfare needs of pupils and bringing them to the attention of the class teacher;
You can read the full job description online and apply for the job online here.