With Kids are recruiting a Service Support and Development Coordinator based in Wester Hailes.
The post is 21 hours per week split across 3 days with a salary range of £28,800 to £30,400 per annum (full time equivalent).
This is an exciting opportunity for The Service Support and Development Coordinator to represent With Kids within Edinburgh and West Lothian. The post holder will to continue to embed the organisation in local and city wide networks, increasing awareness of With Kids and its services, and to create opportunities for the development of our work to reach increased numbers of children and families in need of therapeutic support. The post holder will also oversee our Edinburgh projects ensuring that targets are being met and budgets held to.
Key areas of responsibility
- Maintain a good working relationship and build links with other voluntary organisations, funders and local government agencies and staff.
- To represent With Kids\ on local and national networks and policy development groups, as agreed and as appropriate.
- To maintain an overview of the external environment and issues which might affect With Kids service delivery.
- Manage, monitor and report on small projects which meet the needs of children and adults in line with the relevant contractual requirements and within budget.
- Develop, manage and organise community development and family support provision, including planning and overseeing family activities in the school holidays.
- To develop and promote services to all potential funders and service users, identifying potential new opportunities for developing services including funding for new work and developing collaborative projects.
- Build positive relationships with the community, taking all opportunities to promote the organisation and enhance the reputation of With Kids.
- Coordinate and support volunteers including delivering induction, training and development opportunities; create new volunteering opportunities for the benefit of the With Kids.
- Support fundraising efforts, including preparation of funding applications, to help sustain With Kids beyond the end of the current funding period.
- To contribute to budget setting, monitor budgets, gather and monitor evaluation data, produce reports and prepare / contribute to funding proposals and applications.
- To contribute to With Kids strategic development and overall management.
- To provide support to any With Kids MSc placement students who may be placed in an Edinburgh nursery or school.
- To act as a point of contact for Child Protection concerns
- To input information and data to organisational systems on the children you are working with and to provide written reports to other professionals and agencies as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports on any aspect of your work as required by With Kids.
- To contribute to evidencing the impact of the work, by collecting data on and evaluating activities and providing compelling case studies, photographs and quotations for organisational use.
- To attend staff meetings, participate in professional supervision sessions and any in-service training and externally provided Continuous Professional Development activities as agreed and as appropriate.
- To undertake general administrative duties.
- Work with colleagues to maximise the use of the website and social media platforms for raising awareness of With Kids
- To ensure that With Kids Health, Safety and environmental policies are adhered to.
- To be responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others, in accordance with the organisations arrangements relevant national legislation.
- To work in accordance with all other organisation’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties that may be required to meet the needs of With Kids, including occasional evening and weekend working.
- To work in such a way that helps the organisation to #KeepThePromise
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th of March 2022. You can read the full job advertisement online here. To apply send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5pm on Monday 28th of March 2022.