WHALE Arts are hiring a full-time fixed term Community Development Lead to lead the administration/co-ordination of the Community Asset Transfer process and play a key role in supporting members’ involvement in exciting plans for WHALE Arts Centre.
- Hours: 35 hours a week – agreed flexible hours to meet the needs of the role.
- Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
- To take responsibility for progressing, supporting and documenting the Community Asset Transfer process.
- To build and evidence a tangible sense of community ownership of the newly acquired asset, and to explore ways to consolidate, document and strengthen community involvement in this process.
- To nurture new projects and opportunities locally based on residents’ ideas and interests.
- To build confidence locally so that people feel empowered to take leadership roles in developing new activities and opportunities for the residents of Wester Hailes.
- To work with our two existing Community Development Leads to support membership development, community empowerment and local community-led regeneration more generally.
- Experience of community development, preferably with a suitable qualification and/ or at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Engaging, positive and supportive people person with excellent communication skills to work with a wide range of community members.
- Experience designing, delivering, and evaluating programmes of activity.
- Skills, experience, and confidence to facilitate groups.
- Able to work flexibly (including evenings, weekends) to meet the needs of the post.
- Knowledge of safeguarding practices and experience of following organisational policies and procedures relating to this.
- Using digital technologies in creative and engagement processes.
- Experience of supporting and managing others especially volunteers and freelance artists.
- Understand how to proactively build relationships and work with local, regional and national stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Experience working or volunteering with a member-based organisation.
- Knowledge of Community Asset Transfer and the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, Local Place Plans and the Planning (Scotland) Act 2019.
- Knowledge of the Wester Hailes area including local organisations, services and the community.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching:
- An up to date CV detailing relevant education and employment experience.
- A covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role purpose, duties and person specification ( max 2 pages)
- Details of two referees, including at least one previous employer.
- Please also download and complete and return our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
If you wish you may apply via video ( no more than 5 minutes) or another method suited to your needs emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 3 July at 9am with interviews taking place 13 July.