SCOREscotland are looking to recruit skilled and experienced Sessional Youth Workers who are passionate about engaging with young people and about supporting them to make progress.
Sessional staff hours are variable and the rate of pay is £11.50 per hour (unqualified) or £13 per hour (youth work qualification).
Are you passionate about working with young people?
- Interested in working with BME? communities?
- Are you professional and positive?
- Are you a creative team player?
- Do you have skills that you would like to share with young people?
Youth Workers need to be available to work on Friday afternoons and/or Saturdays during term time and on week days during the school holidays which is when the activities normally take place. The work is flexible – you are under no obligation to work every session or every week. However, the role can range from a minimum of one session to a maximum of 8 sessions per month. Each session lasts between 3 to 4hrs.
Sessional Youth Workers will be required to:
- Lead youth group activities, together with the other Youth Workers and the Youth and Children’s Development Officer.
- Supervise children and young people during activities.
- Support young people to make progress on our outcomes and help us to reach our targets.
- Encourage and support the children and young people to participate fully in the activities and to come forward with any issues, worries or problems that they have.
- Be a positive role model for the young people.
- Assist with the planning of activities.
- Assist with the setting up of and preparation for activities.
- Contribute to staff evaluation of youth work sessions.
- Contribute to the evaluation of young people’s progress in terms of our outcomes.
- Promote the benefits of youth volunteering / support young people into volunteer opportunities.
- At all times, adhere to SCOREscotland’s Child Protection, Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies and Procedures.
- Take part in training and development opportunities.