Apply before 22 August 2014.
|Job Title||Trainee Community Reporter – Digital Media|
|Accountable to||WHALE Arts Agency Manager|
|Personnel responsible for|
|Location||WHALE Arts Centre and other venues in South West Edinburgh area|
|Hours of Work||Usual hours – Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 5.00
Some evening and weekend working to support events (additional time accrued to be taken as TOIL)
30 hours total per week
|Duration of post||26 weeks|
Summary of Post
To support the sourcing of local news stories and the creation of digital media content – written, audio, video, photography – for the Digital Sentinel a community news site for Wester Hailes. Regularly update content on the site. Use social media and attend community events to increase awareness of, and participation with, the Digital Sentinel – www.digitalsentinel.net.
Main Activities and Key Responsibilities
- To support the Community Media Development worker in all aspects of the Digital Sentinel, including;
- Assisting in the set-up, coordination and running of fortnightly community media sessions
- Supporting the delivery of Digital Sentinel events
- Acting as a regular point of contact for Digital Sentinel enquiries (face-to-face, phone, email)
- Working with a team of volunteer citizen journalists
- Sourcing local news stories
- Collating local ‘what’s on’ information
- Attending community events and/or meeting community organisations
- Creating digital media content including digital storytelling, audio, video, photography
- Regularly updating content on the Digital Sentinel site
- Using social media to increase the profile of the Digital Sentinel
This vacancy is only available through Community Jobs Scotland. Applicants must be aged 20 to 24 years and meet specific eligibility criteria. Application can only be made via your local Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor.
Deadline for applications is Friday 22nd August.