Edinburgh Council wants your views on their budget proposals for 2016-20 as well as to tell them your ideas about how they should spend money, increase income and deliver services in the future.
Our budget challenge
- Edinburgh’s population is growing
- by 2019/20 providing services is expected to cost £1.088bn
- but our income is only expected to be £962m
- so we need to save £126m over the next four years
How do we save £126m and make sure we can provide the services that are important to the people of Edinburgh?
Have your say on our 2016-20 budget and how we deliver services.
We are also looking at a number of other ways we can make substantial savings, some of which will be discussed at the Finance and Resources Committee on 29 October. Further information about this will available on our website at that time.
Your city, your say
Visit www.edinburgh.gov.uk/budget to:
- give them your ideas on topical issues about how you think they should deliver services differently, save money, and increase income through our online ‘your city, your dialogue page, and rate and comment on other people’s suggestions too
- tell them how you think they should deliver services by taking part in their interactive online budget planner
- give them your feedback on the 2016-20 budget proposals by completing their online survey.
Have you say on Council spending and services by 10 December 2015
Following the initial public engagement, you will be able to read the findings before councillors make the final 2016-20 budget decisions at the Council meeting in early 2016.
We want to keep hearing your ideas about how we save money and deliver services after the initial engagement has closed. This is the first part of ongoing engagement. We will be adding new topics to ‘Your city, Your say’ for you to continue to share your suggestions and views as we change our services. So please keep visiting www.edinburgh.gov.uk/budget for further information about how you can continue to have your say.
You can also give your views by:
- completing and returning the form attached to the leaflet
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- phoning on 0131 200 2305 (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 3.40pm Friday)
- contacting your local councillor
- writing to us at Freepost, RSJC-SLXC-YTJY, Budget, Council Leader, City Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
- using social media
twitter.com/Edinburgh_CC #edinbudget #yourcityyoursay