Dads Rock Academy have announced that they are currently looking to fill a lead vocal tutor role.
We are looking for a self-employed vocal tutor. You will plan and implement group lessons and teach with patience and creativity. The role requires regular liaison and cooperation with the rest of the lead tutors in achievement of learning outcomes and target dates. The ideal candidate will be confident and have a passion for music and teaching.
The role would require two hours of work a week, on a Tuesday between 6.00pm – 8.00pm with flexibility to include occasional weekends. The contract would last from September 2016 to June 2017, located at Edinburgh College Music Box.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise and negotiate lesson content with other instrument leaders.
- Planning individual lessons and overall schemes of work for pupils.
- Teach basic fundamentals of music and teach pupils to play music and refine technique. Acquiring appropriate teaching materials/resources.
- Work with a wide range of participants to identify their needs and then adapting projects to meet these needs.
- Responsible for direction of voluntary tutors with regards to operational duties within instrument groups
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidates will hold music qualifications of HND level or above. It is desirable that applicants have at least one year’s previous experience providing music and instrumental tuition. As our students are aged 7 years and over applicants will be required to adhere to child protection legislation and are expected to join the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme.
Anyone interested in applying should send their CV and a covering letter to Info@dadsrockacademy.org.uk. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 30 August 2016.
For more information on Dads Rock Academy visit their website here.