Re-Union Canal Boats is looking to fill a Project Support Vacancy through Community Jobs Scotland.
Applications are invited from young people aged 16 to 29 years, who are more disadvantaged in the labour market. Young people who can benefit from Community Jobs Scotland are:
- care leavers/care experienced
- young people with convictions
- military service leavers (serving less than 6 years)
- disabled people or with long term health conditions
- homeless people (including temporary or unstable accommodation)
- person affected by drug misuse (i.e. alcohol, drugs)
- person with lower than SCQF level 5 qualification
- work programme completers who remain unemployed
- refugees with immigration status allowing them to undertake employment
- ethnic minority groups
Duties will include:
Low level DIY and maintenance (supported)
Answering the phone to customers
Processing bookings for boat trips
Learning to crew
Meeting and greeting boat hire customers
General office admin such as printing
Buying supplies to support boat trips.Note: It is essential to be comfortable working outdoors in all weathers, have the ability to complete practical tasks following set procedures and be a good communicator able to follow and set instructions setting an example for others. It is essential to be comfortable communicating with others including customers using a range of mediums.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description, informal chat or send a CV and email detailing the reasons why you are applying. The closing date for applications is Friday 1 March 2019.